NCDB Webinar: A Parent's Story
Posted by , 3 Mo. Ago
Detalles del NCDB Webinar (Seminario web)
Español: Septiembre 23, 2017 (Para más información hacer clic)
Time:12pm PT - 1pm MT - 2pm CT - 3pm ET
Every family has an important story. In this presentation, Myrna Medina, Family Engagement Specialist at California Deafblind Services and mother to a son, Norman, with deaf-blindness, will tell her family's story, including:
- Their experiences as they encountered situations common to all families of children with special needs
- Their interactions with service systems (early intervention, school, transition) at different stages of Norman's life
- Grief and other emotions they experienced and how they were able to cope and move forward
- Families will learn that their stories are important and their feelings matter.
- Families will learn strategies for coping with the many changes and transitions that occur during their children's lives.
- Professionals will learn that it is essential to remember that behind the day-to-day details of schools and services every family has a personal story.
- Professionals will learn strategies for supporting families.
Myrna Medina, Family Engagement Specialist, California Deafblind Services
- NCDB National Initiative: Early Intervention and Referral
- NCDB National Initiative: Family Engagement
Webinar Connection Information:
Prior to the meeting:
Prior to the meeting, please run this meeting test and follow any instructions as needed.
On the day of the meeting:
- Connect your browser to http://hknc.adobeconnect.com/ncdb/
- If you fail to connect to the webinar using the link above, try one of two things: (a) use this alternate link or (b) try a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If you still have trouble connecting, see our Adobe Connect Advanced Help page.
- Once you land on the NCDB Webinar page, choose the Guest option, type your name, and click the Enter Room button.
- A pop-up box might prompt you to open and/or install an Adobe Connect Add-In. If you use a pop-up blocker in your browser, you might be prompted by your browser to allow the pop-up from Adobe Connect.
- Phone connection information will be posted in the room.
- For details on participating by phone only, contact Robbin Bull.
This meeting will be recorded and captioned.
If you miss the meeting you can find the recorded materials in our archived webinars list.