Laying the Foundation for Communication Exchange: Part 2 - Strategies
Posted by , 7 Mo. Ago
Mar 21, 2018 3:00pm to 4:00pm EST
March 21, 2018
Time:12pm PT / 1pm MT / 2pm CT/ 3pm ET
This presentation, Part 2 of 2 webinars on communication development, will first introduce the Communication Matrix assessment as a way for teams to measure communication skills, and then present specific strategies to use at home and school to facilitate the development of conventional, intentional communication. The presenter will also discuss the inseparable relationship between communication and literacy.
The webinar is free and registration is not required.
Susan M. Bashinski, Associate Professor and
Graduate Program Coordinator at Missouri Western State University
- Generate at least one example, regarding a familiar learner, of how development of different communication modes for receptive and expressive communication might be helpful.
- Learn how to develop a pair of receptive and expressive nonsymbolic communication dictionaries for a child.
- Learn how to appropriately adapt at least one emergent/early literacy book for a child.
Webinar Connection Information:
Prior to the meeting:
Prior to the meeting, please run this meeting test and follow any instructions as needed.
On the day of the meeting:
- Connect your browser to http://hknc.adobeconnect.com/ncdb/
- Once you land on the NCDB Webinar page, choose the Guest option, type your name, and click the Enter Room button.
- Phone connection information will be posted in the room. The webinar will also be captioned.
- For details on participating by phone only, contact Robbin Bull.
- If you fail to connect to the webinar using the link above, try one of two things: (a) use this alternate link or (b) try a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If you still have trouble connecting, see our Adobe Connect Advanced Help page.
- A pop-up box might prompt you to open and/or install an Adobe Connect Add-In. If you use a pop-up blocker in your browser, you might be prompted by your browser to allow the pop-up from Adobe Connect.
If you miss the webinar, you will be able to find the recording in our archived webinars list.