Webinar: iCanConnect - The National Deaf-Blind Equipment Distribution Program
Posted by , 11 Mo. Ago
May 23, 2018 3:00pm to 4:30pm EST
May 23, 2018
Time:12pm PT / 1pm MT / 2pm CT/ 3pm ET
iCanConnect is a national deaf-blind equipment distribution program that provides individuals who have both significant vision and hearing loss with free equipment and training to help them stay connected with friends, family, and the world. Please join us for an overview of the program. Learn how it works, the types of equipment available, and how to connect with your local iCanConnect agency.
The webinar is free and registration is not required.
Marcia Brooks - Director, Perkins National Deaf-Blind Equipment Distribution Program (iCanConnect)
Carly Fredericks - New Jersey iCanConnect Program Coordinator
Participants will gain an understanding of:
- The purpose and parameters for the iCanConnect program
- Where iCanConnect is available and how to connect with your local program
- How to navigate the iCanConnect website to access needed information
Webinar Connection Information:
Prior to the meeting:
Prior to the meeting, please run this meeting test and follow any instructions as needed.
On the day of the meeting:
- Connect your browser to http://hknc.adobeconnect.com/ncdb/
- On the NCDB Webinar page, enter your first and last names in the Name box and click the Enter Room button.
- Phone connection information will be posted in the room.
- For details on participating by phone only, contact Robbin Bull.
- If you fail to connect to the webinar using the link above, try one of two things: (a) use this alternate link or (b) try a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If you still have trouble connecting, see our Adobe Connect Advanced Help page.
- A pop-up box might prompt you to open and/or install an Adobe Connect Add-In. If you use a pop-up blocker in your browser, you might be prompted by your browser to allow the pop-up from Adobe Connect.
The webinar will be recorded and captioned. If you miss the webinar, you can find the recorded materials in our archived webinars list.