Support for State Deaf-Blind Projects: Two-Part Webinar Series
Posted by , 5 Days Ago
Presenters: Linda Mcdowell & Sam Morgan, Co-Directors of NCDB
Both parts will be held at 3:00 EST. Length: 60 mins
Part 1: National Partnerships for Systems-Change TA
July 17, 2019
Successful systems change requires strong state and national partnerships with entities that can influence or provide services for children with deaf-blindness and their families. This webinar will focus on national partnerships NCDB has established with organizations and agencies that can enhance state project efforts in four initiative areas: Family Engagement, Early Identification and Intervention, Interveners and Qualified Personnel, and Transition. There will be time for discussion about how to effectively engage with partners and share ideas for new partnerships.
- State deaf-blind projects will gain knowledge of national partnerships that can be used to develop state partnerships that support systems-TA activities.
Part 2: NCDB TA Services
August 21, 2019
Following awards for a new 5-year funding cycle, NCDB has made revisions to the technical assistance it provides to state deaf-blind projects to reflect the requirements in OSEP’s request for applications published in August 2018. This webinar will cover:
Changes to our TA structure and processes (published information will be available prior to the webinar for review)
OSEP’s expectations for NCDB and the network
There will be time to discuss existing and emerging state project TA needs.
- State deaf-blind projects will be able to identify the NCDB TA services that best support their work.
Prior to the meeting
On the day of the meeting
- Connect your browser to http://hknc.adobeconnect.com/ncdb/
- On the NCDB Webinar page, enter your first and last names in the Name box, and click the Enter Room button.
- Phone connection information will be posted in the room.
- For details on participating by phone only, contact Robbin Bull.
- If you fail to connect to the webinar using the link above, try one of two things: (a) use this alternate link or (b) try a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If you still have trouble connecting, see our Adobe Connect Advanced Help page.
- A pop-up box might prompt you to open and/or install an Adobe Connect Add-In.
This meeting will be recorded and captioned. If you miss the meeting you can find the recorded materials in our archived webinars list.