Cultural Competence Webinar Series: Part 3
Posted by , 3 Mo. Ago
Jul 26, 2019 1:00pm to 2:30pm EST
NCDB is excited to announce a free 3-part webinar series on cultural competence for state deaf-blind projects, PTIs, and other state-level partners serving families from culturally and linguistically diverse groups. Please share this with relevant family service providers in your state. All three webinars will be held at 1 EST. Length: 90 minutes.
Presenter: Sarah Ottow, Director of Confianza
Part 3: Parent Advisory Councils and Cultural Ambassadors
- The impact of culture on the provision of TA
- The importance of using culturally diverse parent advisory council's to shape TA
- The effectiveness of cultural ambassadors
This series has been organized as a result of a workgroup comprised of the following state deaf-blind projects: Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, New England Consortium (NEC), New York, Texas, and USVI who, along with NCDB, are interested in exploring, defining, and implementing practices to improve outreach to families.
Webinar series objectives include an increased understanding of:
- Cultural bias and how it impacts the provision of TA.
- The implications of state population data (e.g., cultures represented and languages spoken in each state).
- State deaf-blind project capacity to serve families from various cultures.
- How to forge relationships with state partners to serve families.