You are a group member!
Webinar: Educational Considerations for Students with Usher Syndrome
Posted by , Aug 18, 2017
Oct 11, 2017 8:00pm to 9:30pm EST
October 11, 2017
Time:5pm PT / 6pm MT / 7pm CT/ 8pm ET
The Usher Syndrome Coalition estimates that there are more than 7,000 children with Usher syndrome in the United States. Yet in 2015, the state deaf-blind projects reported that roughly 300 children with Usher syndrome were served. Where are these students being educated? And are their educational needs being adequately met?
Parents, join us for an open, genuine, and powerful 90-minute presentation and discussion focusing on these children. Family Engagement Coordinators Carly Fredericks and Patti McGowan, both parents of children with Usher syndrome, along with Nancy O’Donnell, Director of the USH Trust Registry, will share personal stories and informative resources. Open discussion will follow.
The webinar is free and registration is not required.
- Carly Fredericks (New Jersey Consortium on Deafblindness / NFADB / Founder of Ava’s Voice)
- Patti McGowan (Pennsylvania Deaf-Blind Project / NFADB)
- Nancy O’Donnell (Usher Syndrome Coalition)
Together we will have one community, one mission, one voice.
Webinar Connection Information:
Prior to the meeting:
Prior to the meeting, please run this meeting test and follow any instructions as needed.
On the day of the meeting:
- Connect your browser to http://hknc.adobeconnect.com/ncdb/
- Once you land on the NCDB Webinar page, choose the Guest option, type your name, and click the Enter Room button.
- Phone connection information will be posted in the room. The webinar will also be captioned.
- For details on participating by phone only, contact Robbin Bull.
- If you fail to connect to the webinar using the link above, try one of two things: (a) use this alternate link or (b) try a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If you still have trouble connecting, see our Adobe Connect Advanced Help page.
- A pop-up box might prompt you to open and/or install an Adobe Connect Add-In. If you use a pop-up blocker in your browser, you might be prompted by your browser to allow the pop-up from Adobe Connect.
If you miss the webinar, you will be able to find the recording in our archived webinars list.