Skip to main content
Default avatar image

You are a group member!

Please login.

You must first login before joining this group.

Login or Make a Profile

NFADB public awareness videos

Family Engagement

This year, with the generous support of NCDB and the Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired, NFADB made three videos to heighten public awareness. These were released during Helen Keller Deaf-Blind Awareness Week. We want to encourage everyone to use these videos on their websites, Facebook pages, at conferences, send out to people they know....any way you can think of to help spread the word about deaf-blindness. One video is longer (in English and Spanish) and captures the true spirit of the message. The other is shorter and can be used for PR activities. Please let NFADB know what you think and how you've used them. Here is the link to the videos on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/user/NatFamilyAsssocDB

Paddi Davies

Posted Jul 10, 2013 by Paddi Davies

3 162 views deaf-blindness nfadb
Please login.

You must first login before posting your comments here.

Login or Make a Profile

Comments (3)

Nice read! It is really recommendable and reputational job to help physically handicapped children. I think such types of conferences should be conducted at every place so that the people can get awareness about these social situations. I have often noticed that children with autism and hearing loss are neglected and become victims of social abuse. This is really a big shame on our society. People are still unaware about the facts of such social situations.
I often love to attend these health seminars as I come across various social facts. Whenever, I attend such seminars I learn something new and interesting. Last time, I attended a health seminar on hearing loss which was conducted by Hidden Hearing. The seminar covered all the topics and facts about hearing loss and deafness. They described how hearing loss has become a major health issue today which not only affecting old people, but children as well. I was lucky enough to attend such seminar I must say.

Amy Jecson

Posted Sep 25, 2013 by Amy Jecson

I love this video!! Great for PR purposes and helping everyone understand the person-centered believes that all children can learn and be a part of community....love it....great to use for training and with families.

Teresa Coonts

Posted Jul 12, 2013 by Teresa Coonts

I'm speechless. I watched the short video in English and the video in Spanish. They moved me. I believe the videos will inspire the people that watch them. Congratulations for such a great job, and thanks to all the families and people who are deaf-blind for sharing their stories. One of the messages that stuck with me is the importance of being out there, to be part of the community, and I think these videos does exactly this.

Gloria  Rodriguez-Gil

Posted Jul 10, 2013 by Gloria Rodriguez-Gil

NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | info@nationaldb.org

Tour This Page Website Help
Help for this page

Help Guides & Tutorials