NCDB Logo

You are a group member!

Please login.

You must first login before joining this group.

Login or Make a Profile

May 2019 News!

Family Engagement

Happy May Everyone!

I’m not sure if you agree, but my favorite season is spring. It marks the finish line of another school year, provides a chance to reflect on accomplishments, and FINALLY get outdoors. Being outside creates endless sensory experiences for children who are deaf-blind. As you spend more time outside and plan for summer fun, I’d like you to be inspired by the Magdelano family from Arizona. In the summer of 2015, they embarked on a road trip from Arizona to California, where they went camping with extended family. Watch these videos of their adventure as they are fully immersed in new environments and amazing sensory opportunities. Watching them may inspire you to go camping this summer, yourself!

I’d also like to encourage you to check out this Huge List of Activities for Outdoor Sensory Fun that you can try with your own child.

Now get outside and have some fun! 

Megan Cote

Megan Cote

Posted 19 Days Ago by Megan Cote

5 176 views
Please login.

You must first login before posting your comments here.

Login or Make a Profile

Comments (5)

Thank you!

Lisa Rowinski

Posted 4 Days Ago by Lisa Rowinski

terrific Megan!

Mike Fagbemi

Posted 8 Days Ago by Mike Fagbemi

This new family story is super. Love all the added links for resources below each segment as well. Thank you. Beth

Beth Jordan

Posted 10 Days Ago by Beth Jordan

Thanks, Megan. I shared this on the CHARGE Foundation Facebook page and multiple CHARGE facebook groups.

Sheri Stanger

Posted 18 Days Ago by Sheri Stanger

Thanks Megan :) I shared this on our project FB page. So many fun ideas!

Carol Darrah

Posted 18 Days Ago by Carol Darrah

NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | info@nationaldb.org

Tour This Page Website Help
Help for this page

Help Guides & Tutorials