Skip to main content
Default avatar image

You are a group member!

Please login.

You must first login before joining this group.

Login or Make a Profile

Family-to-Family Communities Project webinar 6/8/16

Family Engagement

Please join me and Toni Hollingsworth (MS) as we share results of the F2FC pilot project and plan for the next phase. Link to webinar information here- https://nationaldb.org/events/detail/0/1004

The Family-to-Family Communities (F2FC) project, a collaboration of the National Family Association for Deaf-Blind (NFADB), the National Center on Deaf-Blindness (NCDB), and State Deaf-Blind Projects, offers a unique way for families to connect with one another. Small groups of families come together monthly, via phone conference or distance technology, to get to know one another, share information and resources, celebrate successes, offer support during challenges, and simply to lend an understanding ear.

During November 2014 – October 2015, the Southeast Regional Teaming Group instituted a year-long pilot project for F2FC. Two F2FC groups were established and monthly calls were led by two facilitators and a moderator for each F2FC. The F2FC Team gathered evaluative data through surveys and focus groups. A summary and results of the pilot project will be shared during this webinar.

The F2FC Team would like to replicate and expand the F2FC project in order to reach and support more families, and we need to determine partnerships and structure for the continued F2FC project. We are aiming to launch F2FC call groups in Fall 2016. During this webinar, we will discuss preliminary plans, get input from interested parties, and share initial ideas of how states can contribute and participate.

Carol Darrah

Posted May 26, 2016 by Carol Darrah

3 131 views
Please login.

You must first login before posting your comments here.

Login or Make a Profile

Comments (3)

This is really great! I love to see connecting and networkign opportunities made available to families. Are the Family to Family Health Information Centers/Family Voices and is P2P USA aware of this initiative? They connect families to each other across the country and I'm sure many families of DB individuals come through their door before they find out about DB-specific supports.

Rachel Hiles

Posted Jun 2, 2016 by Rachel Hiles

Yes, Dee. There will be a recording and we will post its availability here in this group.

Gail Leslie

Posted Jun 1, 2016 by Gail Leslie

I wish I could participate in this... unfortuneately... or fortuneately depending on perspective... I will be in a place without internet access on this date.
Will there at least be a recording?

Dee Steinbach

Posted Jun 1, 2016 by Dee Steinbach

NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | info@nationaldb.org

Tour This Page Website Help
Help for this page

Help Guides & Tutorials