Skip to main content
Default avatar image

You are a group member!

Please login.

You must first login before joining this group.

Login or Make a Profile

Introductions ~ Family Engagement members

Family Engagement

Hi ~ My name is Paddi Davies and I'm coming to you from my home office in Monmouth, Oregon. I spent many, many years in the field of deaf-blindness as a technical assistance provider and now I am trying out retirement. I formally left the NCDB project nearly two years ago, but I'm still working part-time on the project's family engagement activities. I easily gave up going into the office each morning, but the desire to work with families of kids who are deaf-blind has stuck with me. :-) I'm lucky to be associated with so many wonderful families, family leaders and professionals who are passionate about working with families. In addition to my work with NCDB, I am a volunteer on the board of the National Family Association for DeafBlind (NFADB). We're so excited to be growing, strengthening and partnering with so many great families and organizations in the interest of empowering families!! If you're not familiar with NFADB, check it out at www.nfadb.org. I'm looking forward to our conversations!!

Paddi Davies

Posted Jun 19, 2013 by Paddi Davies

2 95 views introduction nfadb
Please login.

You must first login before posting your comments here.

Login or Make a Profile

Comments (2)

Oh, I hope so, too, Teresa. I can't imagine that family TA and family empowerment wouldn't be a part of the new grants!! It just makes so much sense. So glad to hear about your family leaders!!

Paddi Davies

Posted Jun 26, 2013 by Paddi Davies

Hi lady. Still have my family leaders going....lost one, but she still will provide support just not as involved. In process of developing some PR materials, but also waiting to see about future db grants. Hope Family focus and leadership still has a place in new rounds of grants.

Teresa Coonts

Posted Jun 26, 2013 by Teresa Coonts

NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | info@nationaldb.org

Tour This Page Website Help
Help for this page

Help Guides & Tutorials