NCDB Logo

You are a group member!

Please login.

You must first login before joining this group.

Login or Make a Profile

Child Count Reporting Questions

National Child Count

When is the Deaf-Blind child count data due to NCDB?

Robbin Bull

Posted Apr 5, 2013 by Robbin Bull

8 237 views data due date
Please login.

You must first login before posting your comments here.

Login or Make a Profile

Comments (8)

Thanks Mark!!

Kelly Birmingham

Posted Apr 21, 2015 by Kelly Birmingham

Kelly, great question. According to the clarification posted by OSERS (April, 2011) the answer is yes. The LEA where the residential facility is located is responsible for child find activities, thus you can include them. You can find a full discussion on the OSERS website at: http://idea.ed.gov/explore/view/p/,root,dynamic,QaCorner,1,

Also, please feel free to contact Mark Schalock or Robbin Bull at any time with your questions.

Mark

Mark Schalock

Posted Apr 21, 2015 by Mark Schalock

Robbin, the submission date has been extended to May 15 this year to allow states to address and submit their APR by May 8.

Mark Schalock

Posted Apr 21, 2015 by Mark Schalock

Hello, I have a question about whether or not a child is eligible to be counted for the census and receive services. We have a child placed in a private residential facility in our state, but the parents live out of state and there is no local family or address. Can we register/serve this child? For similar eligibility questions for us newbies... who might be the best NCDB contact to call? Many Thanks! Kelly

Kelly Birmingham

Posted Apr 21, 2015 by Kelly Birmingham

@Teresa - if you still have a copy of the returned email, could you send it to me in it's entirety?

Randy Klumph

Posted Aug 28, 2013 by Randy Klumph

Thank you Teresa! Not sure what was happening with my email. It is correct.
Mark

Mark Schalock

Posted Aug 28, 2013 by Mark Schalock

Nebraska data looks good, and thanks for sending me the email on how to locate it...smiles...still "finding my way" on the new website...smiles. Also, you might need to check your email, because it bounced back to me with a problem. Thanks, Teresa

Teresa Coonts

Posted Aug 28, 2013 by Teresa Coonts

The 2012 Deaf-Blind Child Count is officially due on May 1, 2013. If for any reason an extension is needed, please contact Mark Schalock or Robbin Bull to negotiate an extenstion. Thanks!

Mark Schalock

Posted Apr 11, 2013 by Mark Schalock

NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | info@nationaldb.org

Tour This Page Website Help
Help for this page

Help Guides & Tutorials