You are a group member!

Please login.

You must first login before joining this group.

Login or Make a Profile

Great question posed by a family member...


So any ideas about an alternative right of passage for my kid who doesn't get to drive when he turns 16 next year ?

Mike Fagbemi

Posted Oct 23, 2014 by Mike Fagbemi

Please login.

You must first login before posting your comments here.

Login or Make a Profile

Comments (2)

I like what Sheri Stanger had to say because we did the same thing for our daughter, Caitlin. We also took her out on some country roads that aren't driven on much and let her drive, assisted (of course). Have you asked what the 16 year old might want to do as an alternative? If this is to be more of a guided event for someone who isn't as strong of a communicator, perhaps you can research if there is a driving simulator in your area. Perhaps, you start a new right of passage that is meaningful for your family all together. Whatever you decide, work with their interests and desires mixed with your loving oversight as a parent and you just can't go wrong with that.

Jillana Holt-Reuter

Posted Dec 3, 2014 by Jillana Holt-Reuter

This isn't very exciting, but we took my daughter, who is db, to the DMV and got her a non driver's license i.d. It looks just like a drivers license and she had her own id just like us. We also had a sweet 16 party for her with family and some friends. You could do a "boy version" of the sweet 16 party:)

Sheri Stanger

Posted Oct 25, 2014 by Sheri Stanger

NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 |

Tour This Page Website Help
Help for this page

Help Guides & Tutorials