You are a group member!
January 2018 EI&R News!
Early Identification and Intervention
The start of a new year usually includes hitting the reset button and setting new goals. So as we kick off 2018, we thought we’d share the following resources. You may want to consider using them with early intervention systems in your state to boost the number of children identified and referred to your deaf-blind project.
- Early Interactions with Children Who are Deaf-Blind (http://documents.nationaldb.org/products/early.pdf) - This 8-page factsheet from NCDB describes how to interact with a baby who is deaf-blind. It would be a good resource to share with families and service providers.
- Children Who Are Deaf-Blind (https://nationaldb.org/library/page/2064) - This is a basic overview of deaf-blindness (4 pages) from NCDB. vailable in English and Spanish.
- Indiana Deaf-Blind Project Referral Form (https://nationaldb.org/materials/page/1950/8) - This is an eye-catching brochure from the Indiana project. It includes referral information, a referral form, and contact/social media details.
- Oklahoma Deaf-Blind Project Brochure (https://nationaldb.org/materials/page/1958/8) - This is a visually appealing brochure from Oklahoma that includes an overview of the project, reasons why early identification is important, and contact information.
- Kentucky Bookmark (https://nationaldb.org/materials/page/151/8) - These are bookmarks from Kentucky with an overview of the project and contact information.
Here’s to making 2018 a record year for boosting child find!