NCDB Logo

You are a group member!

Please login.

You must first login before joining this group.

Login or Make a Profile

June EI Updates

Early Identification and Intervention

Happy Summer Everyone!

Below are a few updates and events related to Hands and Voices and the Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Program that may be of interest. If you'd like to speak further about any of them, please feel free to reach out to me directly. 

The last few months has been focused on ways to create partnerships with Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI). As well as Hands and Voices, a non-profit, parent driven organization with state chapters that is dedicated to supporting children who are deaf or hard of hearing. Partnering with these two systems provides strong opportunities for building ways to increase the identification and referral of infants and toddlers to your state deaf-blind project. I am working on an update to this resource, but the existing EHDI Toolbox on the NCDB website has information and resources that may be of use if you are exploring these partnerships in your state. A webinar is being planned for October that will provide an overview of Hands and Voices and the EHDI System. It will also involve a discussion of ways to get involved and tips on building connections. 

A few other updates:

• June is National CMV Awareness Month. According to the 2017 Child Count, CMV is the leading Etiology in the area of Prenatal Complications, and is a key area of focus for EHDI.
  • DEC Conference Registration is open- Carol Darrah from Georgia and I will be there. If you’ll be there, too, please let me know!
  • An Early Childhood Training/Personnel Development Professional Learning Community is in the process of being developed. A main focus will be thinking of ways to use resources from the Sooner the Better Framework to support systems wide state training efforts for Part C providers. If you would be interested in joining this group, please let me know. The first meeting is scheduled for August 26 at 12:30 EST.

Emma Nelson

Posted 3 Days Ago by Emma Nelson

0 21 views
Please login.

You must first login before posting your comments here.

Login or Make a Profile

Comments (0)

NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | info@nationaldb.org

Tour This Page Website Help
Help for this page

Help Guides & Tutorials