NCDB Logo

You are a group member!

Please login.

You must first login before joining this group.

Login or Make a Profile

February EI/R Update

Early Identification and Referral

We’ve got 2 cool training opportunities to share with the network:

1) Please join us on Wednesday, February 8 at 12 PT to hear how the NYDBC and professionals in the medical community across the NY State have worked collaboratively to increase their identification and referral of infants and toddlers with dual loss. This webinar is free to anyone wanting to attend – so feel free to pass along the details. Log-in info can be found here: https://nationaldb.org/events/detail/8/1214
Huge thanks go out to the NYDBC project staff for taking the time to recruit medical providers across NY state to talk about the impact of their work!

2) On January 18, Emma Nelson (VT), Carol Darrah (GA) and I did a 1-hour webinar for the DEC entitled “Identifying and Supporting Young Children with Combined Vision and Hearing Loss”. The recording is available to download here:
https://divisionearlychildhood.egnyte.com/fl/WzaqWTSU8d
(A second version will be posted on Youtube once captioning is complete – if you’d like this link, please email dec@dec-sped.org.)

This webinar was presented in collaboration with the Division for Early Childhood Early Intervention Special Interest Group. If you’re interested in connecting with other professionals in the Early Intervention field, please visit their website or Facebook page (decei.org OR facebook.com/DivisionOfEarlyChildhoodEarlyInterventionSig/).

The Powerpoint in PDF format, and accompanying handouts are available to download here:
https://divisionearlychildhood.egnyte.com/fl/3c7RvgzARZ

We hope you’ll join us next week to hear about the great work in NY and that you find the DEC information helpful! Finally, thanks go out to Emma and Carol for their willingness to partner with me on the DEC training!

Hope to see everyone at DB Summit in March!

Megan Cote

Posted Jan 31, 2017 by Megan Cote

4 183 views
Please login.

You must first login before posting your comments here.

Login or Make a Profile

Comments (4)

Sherri - Yes, unfortunately you are right about the overlap in the Medical webinar and the OSEP meeting.
I completely understand your concern. The honest truth though is that we have had the NCDB hosted webinar planned for months now and have 3 medical providers around NY State as well as the NYBDC presenting for us. If we were to start the webinar 30 minutes later then the presenters who have blocked the time to share their knowledge with the network would only be able to present for 60 minutes rather than 90 - as they have to return to their jobs. I don't want to miss a minute of their knowledge or limit the # of questions that participants can ask, so plan to keep the time as is. We are planning to record it so you can watch what you miss at your earliest convenience after the webinar.

Please be assured that if we had known the OSEP schedule beforehand, we would not have scheduled the overlap. Sorry for any inconvenience this creates and thanks for understanding!

Megan Cote

Posted Feb 2, 2017 by Megan Cote

Watched the CEC webinar---excellent job Ladies!!! The powerpoint presentation was excellent! There were good questions and excellent resources....thanks for recording this! Sherri Nelson

SHERRI NELSON

Posted Feb 2, 2017 by SHERRI NELSON

Megan....the OSEP meeting is that same day on Feb. 8 from 12:30 - 2:30 p.m. Your meeting starts at 2:00 p.m. right? Sherri Nelson

SHERRI NELSON

Posted Feb 2, 2017 by SHERRI NELSON

Thanks for sharing. I was so disappointed I missed out on the 18th, so glad it was recorded! Looking forward to the 8th!

Carly Fredericks

Posted Feb 1, 2017 by Carly Fredericks

NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | info@nationaldb.org

Tour This Page Website Help
Help for this page

Help Guides & Tutorials