You are a group member!
May 2017 EI&R Update!
Early Identification and Referral
Here are a few exciting updates:
1) On March April 19 we held a webinar on the newly released product “The Sooner the Better: A Framework for Training Early Intervention Practitioners on Deaf-Blindness”. This is a collection of online resources based on DEC Recommended practices and organized in a way that allows State Deaf-Blind Projects to provide customized training and technical assistance to project staff, families and Early Intervention providers. The content is organized to increase knowledge and skills in recognizing and identifying children with combined vision and hearing loss, important key instructional strategies and the developmental domains used by early interventionists. If you missed it, here’s a link to the webinar recording, closed captioning and PowerPoint: https://nationaldb.org/library/page/2670
We encourage you to check it out!
2) Here’s the link to the Framework itself: http://nationaldb.org/products/ei-framework/ If you have any questions as you begin to look around, feel free to contact myself, Mark Schalock, or Elizabeth Bell. We are here to help! Also, if you have resources to add, please send them our way!
3) We are offering state deaf-blind project staff the opportunity to sign up for 2 discussion groups – one for the Self-Assessment Guide & Action Planning process and the other for the Framework. In the Self-Assessment Guide break out, we will go through the guide, talk about needs in each state and implications for systems work. For the Framework group, states will have a chance to talk about potential ways the content could be “packaged” to meet the unique needs in each state. If you are a staff member of a state deaf-blind project and interested in signing up for one or both of these groups, please sign up here: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3505888/EI-R-TA.
Initial meetings will be firmed up soon, so don’t delay!
Also, if you’d prefer to have individualized state specific TA, then you can sign up for that as well.
4) On Wednesday, May 24 at 12 PT Rose Moehring (South Dakota) and Sherri Nelson (North Dakota) will be joined by Part C providers in their states to talk about how the OHOA Modules have had a positive impact in supporting the training of Part C providers. You’ll be able to hear first-hand from providers themselves and there will be time for questions and answers at the end of the session. Log-in information can be found here: https://nationaldb.org/events/detail/8/1262
5) Here is a link to CVI Connect: http://cviconnect.co/
If you haven’t checked out this website, you should! It would be a great resource to share with professionals and families.
Hope to see you all at the May 24 webinar and that you plan to sign up for one or both of the discussion groups!