Skip to main content
Default avatar image

Family-to-Family Communities (F2FC) Project planning call 8-17-16

You are a group member!

Please login.

You must first login before joining this group.

Login or Make a Profile

Family-to-Family Communities (F2FC) Project planning call 8-17-16

Family Engagement

Hi Everyone,
We have shared information about the Family-to-Family Communities (F2FC) project during a webinar, at NFADB symposium, and at NCDB Summit meetings in the past few months, and many of you have expressed support and interest in participating in F2FC Phase Two.

We will host a web meeting on Wednesday, 8/17/16, 12pm PT/3pm ET, to share materials and to discuss strategies for recruiting families to participate, identifying and training F2FC Call Facilitators, and collaborating as a network to make this project successful.

This call is open to any and all family members, family engagement coordinators, and state deaf-blind project staff who wish to participate in F2FC Phase Two.

Here's the log-in info:
http://hknc.adobeconnect.com/family/
(719) 359-9722 Passcode: 781518#

If you have any questions or comments, please leave them here, or feel free to email or call me. cdarrah@uga.edu or (706) 542-2433

I look forward to seeing you next week!
Carol

Carol Darrah

Posted 6 Mo. Ago by Carol Darrah

11 126 views
Please login.

You must first login before posting your comments here.

Login or Make a Profile

11 Comments

Hi Everyone,
I just uploaded to the materials section: notes from our meeting and an additional flyer.
Let me know if you have any questions!

Carol Darrah

Deanna,
Yes, we will record the call. Would you like for us to include you in any follow-up correspondence?

Carol Darrah

Rachel and Toni,
Let's chat about this on Wed :)

Carol Darrah

Hi Carol,
Will this call be recorded? I am unable to attend the web meeting, but I am interested in the content.
Thanks,
Deanna

Deanna Rothbauer

Posted 6 Mo. Ago by Deanna Rothbauer

Our state's Family to Family HIC/DD Resource Center, which is housed at our UCEDD (which is another project I work on), is a member... yes - I didn't answer that.

Rachel Hiles

Posted 6 Mo. Ago by Rachel Hiles

I work on a national project to enhance supports to families, not just services but information and peer support as well (supportstofamilies.org and lifecoursetools.com). OBut I know the ED of P2PUSA very well and would be glad to connect you. Since P2PUSA has been connecting families to each other for many, many years, they have evidence-based practices that are proven and used across the country, not only in Parent to Parent affiliates but a lot of other peer mentoring situations.

Rachel Hiles

Carol - I have never heard of P2P USA until Rachel asked this. I don't have an affiliate in my state so maybe I can work on that now that I've learned of it.

Toni  Hollingsworth

Posted 6 Mo. Ago by Toni Hollingsworth

Hi Rachel. No, we are not working with P2P USA, but probably our loss. But thank you for asking. I looked them up and they seem like an incredible resource! Are you a member? I want to learn more about them. We are partnered with NFADB on this initiative to provide leadership training to the volunteer parent facilitators, to help us gauge the effectiveness of the community calls while we were in the Pilot stage of the initiative, etc. If you are interested in becoming involved and want more information, please let us know, join in this web meeting on Wednesday, the 17th, call Carol or call me directly on my cell: 228-249-9668.

Toni  Hollingsworth

Posted 6 Mo. Ago by Toni Hollingsworth

Hi Rachel,
No we have not reached out to P2P for this project, as we are specifically targeting families of children with deaf-blindness. I am pretty familiar with the organization, however, as we collaborate with P2P GA in our state. Do you have ideas for sharing? Want to chat? Either leave me a message here, or email/call me if you'd like :) Thanks, Carol

Carol Darrah

Are you guys working with Parent to Parent USA on this?

Rachel Hiles

I just posted the F2FC flyer in the materials section for this group.

Carol Darrah

NCDB : The Teaching Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | info@nationaldb.org

Tour This Page Website Help
Help for this page

Help Guides & Tutorials