Skip to main content
NCDB Logo

You are a group member!

Please login.

You must first login before joining this group.

Login or Make a Profile

DeafBlind Intervention is now a related service in Illinois!

Interveners and Qualified Personnel

I am very happy to share that DeafBlind Intervention is now a related service in Illinois! You can read more about it at http://www.philiprockcenter.org/project-reach/deafblind-interveners-in-illinois
We are now dotting many i’s (getting the approval into the state’s licensing system) and crossing many t’s (putting the service into electronic IEP platforms) and we do so with glad hearts. We thank everybody who shared information, materials, and moral support that helped create this language. This network creates good things!

Michelle Clyne

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Michelle Clyne

18 242 views
Please login.

You must first login before posting your comments here.

Login or Make a Profile

Comments (18)

Michelle - This is terrific news! Thank you for leading the way! Congratulations!

Toni  Hollingsworth

Posted 9 Mo. Ago by Toni Hollingsworth

Congrats Illinois!

Donna Snyder

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Donna Snyder

Thanks Michelle for sharing the language with us.
And congratulations for the amazing work you're doing there in Illinois!

Linda Alsop

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Linda Alsop

Thanks Michelle, not about enjoying, but about making changes.....and knowing where those changes are important....smiles.

Teresa Coonts

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Teresa Coonts

Teresa, I put a pdf with the language in this group in materials, under State Resources under the title Illinois Language Regarding Intervener Services. I also gave the url to the entire Rule 25 and the specific pages where it can be found (for those who enjoy that sort of thing!)

Michelle Clyne

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Michelle Clyne

Nice going, Michelle! I just filed application for RID Region III conference for the Intervener Initiatives to be included in the DeafBlind track. I've long said that Interpreters who suddenly find themselves assigned to a student who is DeafBlind, and doesn't know what to do would do well to take the OHOA modules. We are moving forward in Kentucky too! Stay tuned...Hope all is well with you.

Barbara Martin

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Barbara Martin

How exciting!! Best of luck as you move forward!

Debbie Sanders

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Debbie Sanders

Michelle, I would like to see the regulation language on this in your state rules....can you give me that link or are you still working through that crossing of t's and dotting i's---smiles??

Teresa Coonts

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Teresa Coonts

As everyone that posted below has said, Michelle, this is a wonderful achievement! Recognition of the role of interveners for children who are DeafBlind and the need for a sustainable training system for these personnel. What every state would like to have in place!

Linda McDowell

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Linda McDowell

Fantastic, Michelle! So excited for this to go through! Congratulations!

Kristi Probst

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Kristi Probst

That is great news!! This give hope to the rest of us who do not have this in our state currently.

Angel Perez

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Angel Perez

Michelle
Great news, looking forward to telling the story on how Illinois got there.

Sam Morgan

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Sam Morgan

That's AWESOME news, Michelle-THANK YOU! Illinois is fortunate to have you. I hope you share how you did it.

Sally Prouty

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Sally Prouty

Very exciting. Congratulations!

Peggy Malloy

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Peggy Malloy

That is great news!

Patti McGowan

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Patti McGowan

AWESOME, Michelle! Way to go...this is one step in the right direction!!! WOOHOO!~
Sherri Nelson

SHERRI NELSON

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by SHERRI NELSON

Congratulations, Michelle! Your hard work paid off!

Beth Kennedy

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Beth Kennedy

Hi Michelle! You are certainly an inspiration to all of us. Anyone know how many states have this in place? Rose Moehring

Rose Moehring

Posted 10 Mo. Ago by Rose Moehring

NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | info@nationaldb.org

Tour This Page Website Help
Help for this page

Help Guides & Tutorials