NCDB Logo

You are a group member!

Please login.

You must first login before joining this group.

Login or Make a Profile

Do you use TA Plans with your Interveners in Training?

Interveners and Qualified Personnel

Please forgive this cross-post with the MUG group. We in Illinois are wondering if you use TA Plans with your Interveners-in-Training to outline the steps of and capture the outcomes of your coaching, especially your face-to-face coaching? If not, what other processes do you use to set expectations on both ends, plan activities, and capture outcomes? Thanks for all advice!

Michelle Clyne

Posted 11 Mo. Ago by Michelle Clyne

3 124 views
Please login.

You must first login before posting your comments here.

Login or Make a Profile

Comments (3)

The CMU program has a coaching plan for student interveners. When I did coaching for USU through the MI DB project, there was also a structured plan.

Beth Kennedy

Posted 11 Mo. Ago by Beth Kennedy

The CMU program has a coaching plan for student interveners. When I did coaching for USU through the MI DB project, there was also a structured plan.

Beth Kennedy

Posted 11 Mo. Ago by Beth Kennedy

Great question, Michelle! This is something that is so timely with the Intervener Training Pilot Project. All of the research I've done on the subject of coaching shows that there should be established expectations, strong communication, and structured ways to evaluate outcomes. I am also interested to discover what states are doing as it would benefit everyone. Additionally, NCDB is doing some work in this area. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact me at kristi.probst@hknc.org

Kristi Probst

Posted 11 Mo. Ago by Kristi Probst

NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | info@nationaldb.org

Tour This Page Website Help
Help for this page

Help Guides & Tutorials