NCDB Logo

You are a group member!

Please login.

You must first login before joining this group.

Login or Make a Profile

Intervener and 1:1 Nurse

Interveners and Qualified Personnel

Hello Colleagues,
We have a young student in our state (4 years old) who currently has a full-time one-on-one nurse at school. Her family is beginning to discuss possible options for intervener services with the school team. I am wondering if any of you currently have students who have both a 1:1 nurse and intervener? If so, can you tell me what this looks like for your student? I am wondering how the adults could work together to support the child without overwhelming her.
Thanks!
Carol

Carol Darrah

Posted May 19, 2015 by Carol Darrah

7 276 views
Please login.

You must first login before posting your comments here.

Login or Make a Profile

Comments (7)

Thanks Stacy! Love the network!

Amy Parker

Posted Jun 3, 2015 by Amy Parker

Hi Carol, I have another mom that has both for her child. If you would like to email me for her contact information I will ask her but I know she would be more than willing to talk with you. My email is stacya@sfsu.edu

Stacy Aguilera

Posted Jun 2, 2015 by Stacy Aguilera

Barbara has a connection for you Carol. If you email me at parkera@wou.edu, I can connect you via email. Thanks Barbara!

Amy Parker

Posted May 26, 2015 by Amy Parker

Hi Carol -

I have a mom who has had this experience in my neck of the woods. I'll reach out to her and and post her response for he here.

Barbara Martin

Posted May 21, 2015 by Barbara Martin

Got it Carol! That makes sense especially if it what the child needs for making progress and having access to learning! I will do some digging and hope that others respond here too.

Amy Parker

Posted May 20, 2015 by Amy Parker

Amy, that would be great. I should add one clarifying point to my question. I previously brought up the idea of the nurse being trained as an intervener, but the school district told us that was not possible. So, right now, we are looking at the idea of two different 1:1 service providers (nurse and intervener) supporting the child, in addition to the classroom teacher and other staff. Thanks for your help!

Carol Darrah

Posted May 20, 2015 by Carol Darrah

Carol, would you mind if I emailed a few contacts to see? Last winter, I met someone who was working as a nurse and she was getting training as an intervener. Thanks for your post!

Amy Parker

Posted May 19, 2015 by Amy Parker

NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | info@nationaldb.org

Tour This Page Website Help
Help for this page

Help Guides & Tutorials