NCDB Logo

You are a group member!

Please login.

You must first login before joining this group.

Login or Make a Profile

The Recommendations - Acknowledgments

Interveners and Qualified Personnel

Prior to developing the recommendations, we spent about 6 months gathering information about the current status of intervener services across the country. During this process, we had great participation from families and professionals. You can read more about this in the acknowledgments section (http://interveners.nationaldb.org/acknowledgements.php), but I also wanted to post a short section from the introduction here:

“The work involved in developing these recommendations could not have been successfully implemented to date without the active support and involvement of hundreds of people across the country who generously gave their time and willingly shared their wisdom and experience.”

Furthermore, “these recommendations are presented with a well-deserved acknowledgement and extension of sincere gratitude to the many individuals across the country who pioneered the foundational infrastructures for intervener services that are currently in place. The recommendations presented here are an evolutionary extension of work begun by others. They are very much grounded on the work of passionate and successful leaders in the field of deaf-blindness who, for many years, led the charge in advocating for high-quality intervener services.”

Peggy Malloy

Posted Jun 16, 2013 by Peggy Malloy

1 183 views
Please login.

You must first login before posting your comments here.

Login or Make a Profile

Comments (1)

The acknowledgements prompt me to reflect, a year later, about the two things that impress me most about the recommendations. The first is the “support and active involvement of hundreds of people”. For years, groups of people worked on or were affected by issues related to intervener services: what do interveners do, where can I find one, who trains them and do I need to move to another state to receive services? Because so many contributed their input, we have a studied snapshot of national approaches, opinion and resource. Because we focused our intent, we have a foundation for collective work and the potential to fast forward the evolution of infrastructure and practice. We have a map for building capacity. The map is the second thing about the recommendations that I like so much. It is a national map that creates a context for both product development and activities. Whether we take steps one at a time or take on multiple things simultaneously, the map helps us keep our bearings. The recommendations have perhaps provided us with an innovative model for things that we may want to accomplish in the future.

Gail Leslie

Posted Jun 22, 2013 by Gail Leslie

NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | info@nationaldb.org

Tour This Page Website Help
Help for this page

Help Guides & Tutorials