You are a group member!
Where are you in your state with building a sustainable system that will give you trained teachers and related service providers for every child who is Deaf-Blind?
Interveners and Qualified Personnel
The Personnel Preparation Partnership Webinar Series continued with two webinars this month of March, following the two in December. More are scheduled: two in April, one in May, and one in June. (https://nationaldb.org/wiki/page/9/754)
These webinars are "live" with opportunity for a few discussion questions through chat pod or phone. They are also recorded for later access, with continued conversation on the topic through forum posting.
Transforming Instruction for Students with Deafblindness by Marina McCormick, M.Ed. on December 1, 2016
• Information & link to recording: https://nationaldb.org/library/page/2636
• Link to forum: https://nationaldb.org/forum/thread/868/marina-mccormick-transforming-instruction-for-students-with-deafblindness
Assessment and Instruction of Students Who Are Deafblind: What is the State of Our Evidence? by Susan Bruce, Ph.D. on December 14, 2016
• Information & link to recording: https://nationaldb.org/library/page/2639
• Link to forum: https://nationaldb.org/forum/thread/878/dr-susan-bruces-webinar-assessment-and-instruction-for-students-with-deafblindness-121416
Perceived Needs of Teachers of Students who are Deafblind: Implications for Training Programs by Sandy Bowen and Silvia Correa-Torres on March 8, 2017
• Information & link to recording: https://nationaldb.org/library/page/2660
Comprehensive Personnel Development in Deafblind Education: Exploration of a Model by Cathy Nelson, Ph.D. and Amy Parker, Ed.D on March 22, 2017
• Information & link to recording: https://nationaldb.org/library/page/2662
I was “live” for both March 8 and March 22. We heard the training needs of personnel working with students who are deaf-blind from Sandy and Silvia and began thinking about the implications – how to address these needs. Cathy and Amy’s presentation left me wanting to ask all of you in the field who want to be a part of addressing the national and state level teacher training needs – where are you in the steps to sustainable solutions? What have you done to link to your SIP (State Improvement Plan) and your CSPD (Comprehensive System of Personnel Development)? Where are you in your planning, in your linkage to your Department of Education? What solutions can be found in partnerships between personnel prep programs (across state lines) and partnerships between personnel prep programs and technical assistance projects in the field of Deaf-Blindness?