You are a group member!
Parents of children with deaf-blindness face significant, long-term challenges in acquiring the knowledge they need to effectively engage with school and community systems. In addition, they are widely dispersed across the country, making it difficult to find and maintain supportive connections. This national initiative collaborates with state projects and national family organizations to ensure that families have the support they need to partner effectively with education and service providers and create a cohesive network of family leaders across the country.
Technical Assistance & Support
- An information and support group for state deaf-blind project family engagement coordinators
- Consultation to state projects on building training and support for families in their states
- Resources and strategies for collaboration with state parent centers
- Families Matter video stories
- A special section of our website with essential information for families
Questions related to technical assistance or one-on-one consultations are available with Initiative Lead, Megan Cote.
Initiative Background & Data Facts
Understand the intent of this national initiative and the unique partnerships it supports to assist families and to develop family leaders.
Tools for Technical Assistance
Current Initiative Activities