You are a group member!
Parents of children with deaf-blindness face significant, long-term challenges in acquiring the knowledge they need to effectively engage with school and community systems. In addition, families are widely dispersed across the country, often making it difficult to find and maintain supportive connections. This national initiative collaborates with state projects and national family organizations to ensure that families have the support they need to partner effectively with education and service providers and to create a cohesive network of family leaders across the country.
Technical Assistance & Support
- The Family Specialist MasterMind Group, an information and support group for state deaf-blind project family specialists
- Consultation to state projects on building training and support for families in their state
- Resources and strategies for building collaboration with state parent centers
- Information about developing leadership skills on the Familieslead.org website
- Families Matter videos stories for engagement and sharing
- Online study opportunities for families to understand the role of the intervener
Questions related to technical assistance or one-on-one consultations are available with Initiative Lead, Megan Cote.
Initiative Background & Data Facts
Understand the intent of this national initiative and the unique partnerships it supports to assist families and to develop family leaders.
Tools for Technical Assistance
Current Initiative Activities