The Advanced Search
feature will search both the NCDB Catalog Database
and Selected Topics
(see What’s in the NCDB Library?
for more information on what these are).
- Mouse over Library in the main navigation bar; then click Advanced Library Search in the drop-down menu.
- You can search in one or more of the following boxes: Keyword, Subject, Title, and Author. Keep in mind that the more information you put in, the fewer results you’re likely to get. It’s often helpful to experiment with a few different searches until you get the results you want.
- You can limit your search to a certain date range by using the Year From and Year To drop-down menus. (For example, if you only want sources from 2010 or later, select 2010 in the From menu and leave the To menu alone.)
- Click Search.
- Your results will appear below the search form:
- Results from the NCDB Catalog Database will be first. Click on an item to view more information about it. In some cases, there will be a link that will take you directly to the resource, but most of the items in the database aren’t available for free online. To find out how to get a copy of a resource, contact NCDB.
- Scroll down the page for results from Selected Topics. All these are free online resources, so you can click on any item to go directly to the resource.Note: There may be some overlap between the NCDB Catalog Database and Selected Topics results. This is because we sometimes catalog items in both places.
NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | email@example.com