iCanConnect Trainer (Positions Available in 22 States)
For the following states and territories only: Arkansas, Arizona, Indiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
Seeking adaptive technology trainer for independent contract work with variable hours based on need, to work with iCanConnect consumers who have combined significant vision and hearing loss.
Trainers are reimbursed for assessment/training time with consumer, round-trip travel time, mileage, and other related expenses. Trainers are responsible for invoicing Perkins for pre-approved expenses on a monthly basis; payments are made on a monthly basis.
- Must be willing and able to travel to consumers’ homes throughout the state. Trainers who are unable to drive due to blindness/visual impairment may procure a driver, who will be reimbursed directly by the program.
- Position requires use of an accessible Web-based database program used for record keeping, ordering of services and equipment, and reports.
- Must have access to and know how to use Microsoft Excel for monthly invoicing.
- Must be able to write up reports on each consumer’s assessment and training sessions that justify how iCanConnect equipment will enhance the consumer’s access to distance communications.
Hourly rate will be agreed upon in writing and is dependent on relevant experience. Please note that hours may fluctuate significantly from month to month.
Relevant job skills and experience required; please check all that apply:
- Experience working with individuals who are deaf-blind
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- Experience working with sign language interpreters
- Able to set up, teach and troubleshoot braille note-takers and displays
- Able to set up, teach and troubleshoot Windows computers
- Able to set up, teach and troubleshoot Mac computers
- Facility with iOS and other mobile devices
- Relevant features on Android devices
- Audible, visual and vibrating signalers
- Comfortable working with individuals with a wide range of abilities