Teacher of the Deaf-Blind- Multiple Disabilities Inclusion
Location: Delaware School for the Deaf
Serve as primary support and resource for the inclusion of students with multiple disabilities, including collaborative planning and implementation of individualized education programs.
- Fluency in American Sign Language – preferred
- State of Delaware Certification in Deafness, Visually Impaired and/or Special Education (DeafBlindness preferred)
- Experience with best practices with instruction of children with sensory impairments (deaf, hard of hearing, blind, low vision and/or deaf-blind) and other challenges (e.g. autism spectrum disorders, and/or cognitive delay)
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per work day.
- Minimum lifting requirements- 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions to accommodate the physical, mobility, and ambulatory needs of students
- Experience working with students birth to 21 with deaf-blindness preferred, deafness or blindness desirable
- Working knowledge of best and/or promising practices for multiple disabilities with sensory impairments in regards to alternative augmentative communication strategies, impact of combined vision and hearing impairments as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.