Director, Oregon Deafblind Project
The Research Institute (TRI) at Western Oregon University is seeking a full-time (1.0 FTE) Director for the Oregon DeafBlind Project. This position is eligible for benefits. The appointment is renewed through an annual Notice of Appointment, dependent upon satisfactory job performance, continuing project needs, and/or available funding. TRI is a unique organization whose mission is to inform and facilitate change in educational and human service systems.
The Oregon DeafBlind Project is a federally-funded Technical Assistance and Dissemination project from the Office of Special Education Programs. The project provides technical assistance, training, and information to families and educational teams to enhance services for children in Oregon who are deafblind. The project serves children from birth through age 21 years.
- Master’s degree in Sensory Disabilities (deafblindness, visual impairment, and/or deafness) or a closely related field
- Three years of experience working with children and youth who have sensory disabilities (deafblind, visually impaired/blind, deaf/hard of hearing)
in adult education
- Computer literacy and experience with distance
- Experience working collaboratively with educational
teams and agencies
- Knowledge about the IEP process, eligibility, assessment
and referral for special education services
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
Required Application Materials (pdf preferred):
- WOU Employment Application form (available at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp)
- Letter of application that addresses each qualification of the position.
how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more
inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community.
- Contact information for three references
- Unofficial copy of transcript for highest degree earned
As an alternative, you may submit application materials to:
S1875, Director, DB Project, Human Resources, Western Oregon University, 345 N. Monmouth Avenue, Monmouth, OR 97361; OR e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; OR fax to: 503-838-8144.Please view the attached document for Full Job Description.