Professional/Educational Consultant PA
A vacancy exists for an Educational Specialist at PaTTAN - East. This is a full-time, 194 day position with supplemental contract for up to 35 additional supplemental work days. The Educational Specialist provides training and technical assistance to local education agencies in eastern Pennsylvania regarding education of students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing (DHH). This individual will also have the content expertise required to support the initiatives identified by the Bureau of Special Education (BSE).
This position requires experience working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing including students using sign language and students using listening/spoken language. Experience providing technical assistance or professional development to staff working with students with hearing loss is also required.
- Must possess a Master’s Degree and Pennsylvania Instructional Certification in one of the following: Teacher of the Deaf (TOD)
- Fluency with sign language/ASL, score of 3.5 or higher on the Educational Interpreters Performance Assessment (EIPA)
- Familiarity with assistive technology used by students who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Expertise and experience in one or more of the following areas: special education of students who are deaf/hard of hearing, speech language pathology, audiology, supervision
- Experience providing technical assistance or delivering professional development
- Experience with students with deaf-blindness
- Experience with grant writing, data analysis, and implementation
- Broad knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations and public policy with regard to delivery of special education services (IDEA and Chapter 14)
- Ability to work effectively with professional personnel in educational agencies
- Ability to work with varied constituencies and multiple demands
- Strong oral presentation skills; effective written communication skills
- Valid PA driver’s license
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI
- Respond to PDE, BSE and eastern region IUs’ and their districts’ requests for technical assistance
- Coordination of federal deaf-blind grant
- Create and provide professional development for teachers, administrators, and IU personnel in the education of students with disabilities
- Plan and participate in regional and statewide conferences, workshops and planning sessions
- Assist in the preparation of publication materials (i.e., directories, brochures, training modules, manuals, and electronic resources)
- Some overnight travel is required
$56,420 - $111,363 (pro-rated)
To apply click on the Application Link.