iCanConnect Perkins Partner
Job Description - iCanConnect Perkins Partner
For the following states and U.S. territories only: Arkansas, Arizona, Indiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia,Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Seeking organizations that serve people who are deafblind and/or who have other combination of sensory disabilities to serve as primary in-state partner to provide local iCanConnect (also known as National Deaf-Blind Equipment Distribution Program) services under Perkins School for the Blind’s supervision.
Partners are reimbursed for time related to: intakes/consumer application verification; conducting consumer assessments and training; outreach; round-trip travel time, mileage, and other related expenses. Partners are responsible for submitting timely invoices for pre-approved expenses on a monthly basis; payments are made on a monthly basis. Hours vary based on need.
- Experience serving people who are deaf-blind or those with sensory disabilities.
- Experience providing training on adaptive and off-the-shelf equipment and software, including braille devices.
- Must serve as primary contact for processing in-state applications and responding to inquiries.
- Must provide and oversee adaptive technology trainers (have on-staff and/or ability to recruit) who travel to consumers’ homes throughout the state to provide assessments, equipment and training.
- Trainers must be able to make individualized equipment recommendations and develop customized training plans, and write up timely reports on each consumer’s assessment and training sessions that justify how iCanConnect equipment will enhance the consumer’s access to distance communications.
- Trainers who are unable to drive due to blindness/visual impairment may procure a driver or use rideshare services and public transit.
- Must be able to provide or book American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters as needed.
- Must be able to use accessible Web-based database used for record keeping, ordering of services and equipment, and reports.
- Must be able to perform monthly billing functions with use of customized Excel billing template.
- Must be willing to help identify and conduct outreach activities.
Hourly rate will be agreed upon in writing and is dependent on relevant experience. Note: hours may fluctuate significantly from month to month and there is no guaranteed number of hours.
Organizations interested in applying: Email Marcia Brooks, email@example.com, with letter of interest, credentials, and experience.