Deafblind International Youth Network (DbIYN)
We are very very pleased to report that in October the DbI granted official recognition of the DbIYN. Current details about the network can be found on the DbI website. We would like to thank everyone that supported the application, especially those of you who attended our workshops and forums in Lille.
To develop the network internationally we are now seeking Country Coordinators who will promote the benefits of network membership.
Below we explain how a Country Coordinator will help grow the network and ensure its success in building the much needed international platform from which young deafblind people will inspire others, share views, develop ideas and influence policy makers. We would be delighted if would consider volunteering for this role either individually or with a colleague.
Please contact us should you have any queries relating to the DbI youth network. Thank you once again for your kind support.
DbIYN Country Coordinator
• Identify Deafblind youth within your country; promoting the benefits of DbI youth network membership.
• Develop associate membership within your country. This membership is open to people who support deafblind youth and / or interested in the issues of importance to deafblind youth.
• Support deafblind youth to attend / participate in DbI conferences and events.
• Participate in consultation with network members , planning international activities for deafblind youth
• Develop social media opportunities for deafblind youth
• Share information on inspirational youth schemes and projects within your country, championing the individual and collective achievements of deafblind youth.
• Contribute to the network newsletter
And if you would like to
• Run local activities for deafblind.
• Take an active part in the network constitution / committee.
I look forward to hearing from you.
With kindest regards,
Simon Allison / Alan Avis , Deafblind International Youth Network (DbIYN)
NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | firstname.lastname@example.org