- National Implementation Research Network's Active Implementation Hub. (2013). Module 4: Implementation stages. Retrieved from http://implementation.fpg.unc.edu/module-4
- National Implementation Research Network's Active Implementation Hub. (2013). Module 2: Implementation drivers. Retrieved from http://implementation.fpg.unc.edu/module-2
- Meyers, D. C., Katz, J., Chien, V., Wandersman, A., Scaccia, J. P., & Wright, A. (2012). Practical implementation science: Developing and piloting the quality implementation tool. American Journal of Community Psychology, 50, 481-496. doi:10.1007/s10464-012-9521-y
- Meyers, D. C., Durlak, J. A., & Wandersman, A. (2012). The quality implementation framework: A synthesis of critical steps in the implementation process. American Journal of Community Psychology, 50, 462-480. doi:10.1007/s10464-012-9522-x
- Wandersman, A., Duffy, J., Flaspohler, P., Noonan, R., Lubell, K., Stillman, L., . . . Saul, J. (2008). Bridging the gap between prevention research and practice: The interactive systems framework for dissemination and implementation. American Journal of Community Psychology, 41, 171-181. doi:10.1007/s10464-008-9174-z
- Department of Education. (2013). Applications for new awards; technical assistance and dissemination to improve services and results for children with disabilities—state technical assistance projects to improve services and results for children who are deaf-blind and national technical assistance and dissemination center for children who are deaf-blind. Federal Register, 78, 39260-39271.
- Fixsen, D., Blase, K., Metz, A., & Van Dyke, M. (2013). Statewide implementation of evidence-based programs. Exceptional Children, 79, 213-230.
- National Implementation Research Network's Active Implementation Hub. (n.d.). Modules and lessons. Retrieved from http://implementation.fpg.unc.edu/modules-and-lessons
- National Implementation Research Network's Active Implementation Hub. (n.d.). Module 6: Usable innovations. Retrieved from http://implementation.fpg.unc.edu/module-6
- Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute. (n.d.). A brief history of state implementation and scaling up of evidence-based programs. Retrieved from http://sisep.fpg.unc.edu/sisep-history
- Luckner, J. L., Bruce, S. M., & Ferrell, K. A. (2016). A summary of the communication and literacy evidence-based practices for students who are deaf or hard of hearing, visually impaired, and deafblind. Communication Disorders Quarterly, 37, 225-241. doi:10.1177/1525740115597507
- Le, L. T., Anthony, B. J., Bronheim, S. M., Holland, C. M., & Perry, D. F. (2014). A technical assistance model for guiding service and systems change. The Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research. doi:10.1007/s11414-014-9439-2
- Scaccia, J. P., Cook, B. S., Lamont, A., Wandersman, A., Castellow, J., & Katz, J. (2015). A practical implementation science heuristic for organizational readiness: R = MC2. Journal of Community Psychology, 43, 484-501. doi:10.1002/jcop.21698
- Leeman, J., Calancie, L., Hartman, M. A., Escoffery, C. T., Herrmann, A. K., Tague, L. E., . . . Samuel-Hodge, C. (2015). What strategies are used to build practitioners’ capacity to implement community-based interventions and are they effective?: A systematic review. Implementation Science, 10(80). doi:10.1186/s13012-015-0272-7
- Luiselli, T. E., Luiselli, J. K., DeCaluwe, S. M., & Jacobs, L. A. (1995). Inclusive education of young children with deaf-blindness: A technical assistance model. Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness, 89, 249-256.
- Fixsen, D. L., Naoom, S. F., Blase, K. A., Friedman, R. M., & Wallace, F. (2005). Implementation research: A synthesis of the literature. Tampa, FL: University of South Florida.
- Northwest Center for Public Health Practice. (2014). Effective adult learning: A toolkit for teaching adults. Retrieved from http://www.nwcphp.org/training/opportunities/toolkits-guides/effective-adult-learning-a-toolkit-for-teaching-adults
- Malloy, P. (2010). Making online technical assistance connections: The Kansas Distance Mentorship Project. Deaf-Blind Perspectives, 17(2), 6-9. Retrieved from http://documents.nationaldb.org/dbp/pdf/apr10.pdf#page=6
- Cote, M., Harding, J., & Taylor, B. Distance mentorship. [Webcast]. Retrieved from http://www.perkinselearning.org/videos/webcast/distance-mentorship
- Powell, B. J., Waltz, T. J., Chinman, M. J., Damschroder, L. J., Smith, J. L., Matthieu, M. M., . . . Kirchner, J. E. (2015). A refined compilation of implementation strategies: Results from the Expert Recommendations for Implementing Change (ERIC) project. Implementation Science, 10(21). doi:10.1186/s13012-015-0209-1 [Also used Additional File 6 providing ancillary information for this article.]
- Summers, J.A., Buzhardt, J., Dove, S., Cote, M., Higgins, S., Taylor, R., . . . Tallman, N. (2014). Distance mentorship facilitator’s guide. Kansas City, KS: Juniper Gardens Children’s Project, University of Kansas.
- Center for the Study of Social Policy. (n.d.). Help on the way: A powerful approach to technical assistance. Retrieved from http://www.cssp.org/publications/neighborhood-investment/help-on-the-way-communities-getting-the-results-they-want-from-peer-matches.pdf
- Cashman, J., Linehan, P., Purcell, L., Rosser, M., Schultz, S., & Skalski, S. (2014). Leading by convening: A blueprint for authentic engagement. Alexandria, VA: National Association of State Directors of Special Education. Retrieved from http://goo.gl/QpRa5T
- National Implementation Research Network's Active Implementation Hub. (n.d.). Coaching. Retrieved from http://implementation.fpg.unc.edu/module-2/coaching
- Garbacz, S. A., Lannie, A. L., Jeffrey-Pearsall, J. L., & Truckenmiller, A. J. (2015). Strategies for effective classroom coaching. Preventing School Failure: Alternative Education for Children and Youth, 59, 263-273. doi:10.1080/1045988X.2014.942835
- American Psychological Association. (2006). Introduction to mentoring: A guide for mentors and mentees. Retrieved from https://www.apa.org/education/grad/intro-mentoring.pdf
- National Association for the Education of Young Children, & National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies. (2011). Early childhood education professional development: Training and technical assistance glossary. Retrieved from http://www.naeyc.org/GlossaryTraining_TA.pdf
- Giangreco, M. F., Edelman, S. W., Nelson, C., Young, M. R., & Kiefer-O'Donnell, R. (1999). Changes in educational team membership for students who are deaf-blind in general education classes. Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness, 93, 166-173.
- Technical Assistance Coordination Center. (2014). How states access TA from ED-funded centers. Retrieved from https://www.osepideasthatwork.org/sites/default/files/documents/SPDG_FocusGroup.pdf
- Center for the Study of Social Policy. (n.d.). Guide for peer match facilitators: A companion to help on the way. Retrieved from http://www.cssp.org/publications/neighborhood-investment/technical-assistance/guide-for-peer-match-facilitators.pdf
- ETR Associates. (2014). The effective delivery of technical assistance: A toolkit. Scotts Valley, CA: Author.
Additional Resources That Informed Guide Development
Basu, S., Salisbury, C. L., & Thorkildsen, T. A. (2010). Measuring collaborative consultation practices in natural environments. Journal of Early Intervention, 32, 127-150. doi:10.1177/1053815110362991
Berta, W., Cranley, L., Dearing, J. W., Dogherty, E. J., Squires, J. E., & Estabrooks, C. A. (2015). Why (we think) facilitation works: Insights from organizational learning theory.
Implementation Science, 10(141). doi:10.1186/s13012-015-0323-0
Blase, J., & Blase, J. J. (2006). Teachers bringing out the best in teachers: A guide to peer
consultation for administrators and teachers. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
Cashman, J., Linehan, P., & Rosser, M. (2007). Communities of practice: A new approach to solving complex educational problems. Alexandria, VA: National Association of State Directors of Special Education. Retrieved from http://www.ideapartnership.org/documents/CoPGuide.pdf
Center for the Study of Social Policy. (n.d.). Results-based technical assistance. Retrieved from http://www.cssp.org/community/neighborhood-investment/results-based-technical-assistance
Chen, D., & McFarland, L. (2009). Home visits with families and their infants who are deafblind. Deaf-Blind Perspectives, 16(2), 3-7. Retrieved from http://documents.nationaldb.org/dbp/pdf/apr09.pdf#page=3
Creative Education Foundation. (n.d.). The CPS process. Retrieved from
Frey, A. J., Sabatino, C. A., & Alvarez, M. E. (2013). Consultation to improve treatment
integrity. Children & Schools, 35, 3-8. doi:10.1093/cs/cds037
Fixsen, D., Blase, K., Horner, R., Sims, B., & Sugai, G. (2013). Scaling-up brief. Retrieved from http://www.laspdg.org/files/SISEP-Brief1-Scalingup-01-2014.pdf
Fulk, B. M. (2011). Effective communication in collaboration and consultation. In C. G. Simpson & J. P. Bakken (Eds.), Collaboration: A multidisciplinary approach to educating students with disabilities (pp. 19-30). Waco, TX: Prufrock Press.
International Association of Facilitators. (2015). IAF core competencies. Retrieved from
Johnson, D. W., & Johnson, F. P. (2013). Joining together: Group theory and group skills (11th
ed.). New York, NY: Pearson.
Kolb, J. A., Jin, S., & Song, J. H. (2008, February). Developing a framework of facilitator
competencies: Lessons from the field. Paper presented at the Academy of Human
Resource Development International Research Conference in the Americas, Panama
City, FL. Retrieved from http://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED501657
National Implementation Research Network. (n.d.). Additional evidence for consultation &
coaching. Retrieved from http://nirn.fpg.unc.edu/resources/additional-evidence-consultation-coaching
National Infant & Toddler Child Care Initiative. (n.d.). A guide to effective consultation with settings serving infants, toddlers, and their families: Core knowledge, competencies, and dispositions. Retrieved from https://www.zerotothree.org/resources/185-a-guide-toeffective-consultation-with-settings-serving-infants-toddlers-and-their-families
New York Peace Institute. (2014). Basic mediation training manual. New York, NY: Author.
University of Kansas, Work Group for Community Health and Development. (2015). Community tool box. Retrieved from http://ctb.ku.edu/en
Nikolova, N., Möllering, G., & Reihlen, M. (2015). Trusting as a ‘leap of faith’: Trust-building
practices in client–consultant relationships. Scandinavian Journal of Management, 31,
Online communities for educators: Guidelines for planning and implementation. (2011).
Retrieved from http://www.connectededucators.org/briefs/online-communities-of-practice-for-educators/
Powell, B. J., Waltz, T. J., Chinman, M. J., Damschroder, L. J., Smith, J. L., Matthieu, M. M., . . . Kirchner, J. E. (2015). A refined compilation of implementation strategies: Results from the Expert Recommendations for Implementing Change (ERIC) project. Implementation
Science, 10(21). doi:10.1186/s13012-015-0209-1
Rainforth, B., & York-Barr, J. (1997). Collaborative teams for students with severe
disabilities: Integrating therapy and educational services (2nd ed.). Baltimore, MD: Paul H.
Roosa, J. B. (1973, August). SOCS: Situations, options, consequences, and simulation: A
technique for teaching social interaction. Paper presented at the meeting of the
American Psychological Association, Montreal, Canada.
Snell, M. E., & Janney, R. (2000). Collaborative teaming. Baltimore, MD: Paul H. Brookes.
Stepanek, J., Abel, J., Gates, C., & Parsley, D. (2013, January). Lessons learned: Facilitating online communities of practice. Retrieved from Education Northwest website:
van Es, E. A., Tunney, J., Goldsmith, L. T., & Seago, N. (2014). A framework for the facilitation of teachers’ analysis of video. Journal of Teacher Education, 65, 340-356. doi:10.1177/0022487114534266
Wandersman, A., Chien, V. H., & Katz, J. (2012). Toward an evidence-based system for innovation support for implementing innovations with quality: Tools, training, technical assistance, and quality assurance/quality improvement. American Journal of Community Psychology, 50, 445-459. doi:10.1007/s10464-012-9509-7
Ward, K., & Schwartzman, R. (2009). Building interpersonal relationships as a key to effective
speaking center consultations. Journal of Instructional Psychology, 36, 363-372.
Wenger, E., McDermott, R., & Snyder, W. M. (2002). Cultivating communities of practice: A
guide to managing knowledge. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
Wenger-Trayner, E., & Wenger-Trayner, B. (2015). Communities of practice: A brief introduction. Retrieved from http://wenger-trayner.com/introduction-to-communities-of-practice/