You are a group member!
Interveners and Qualified Personnel
Interveners and Qualified Personnel
This page was last updated on Oct 21, 2018 at 2:54 pm
- We have made the OHOA Modules available in an additional format. Currently, 13 modules are available in this additional new format and more are on the way.
- The Module User Group has been discussing possibilities for projects to co-host modules or send participants to take modules hosted by other projects. Some opportunities include the option of earning university credits. Anyone interested in joining these conversations can email Julie Durando.
- Intervener Training Pilot Project update
- We are almost to the end of the pilot...Cohorts 2 and 3 just wrapped up and Cohort 1 has just a few weeks left!
- Eight states (AR, CA, DE, IL, LA, NC, TX, VA) and 21 intervener candidates participated in the project.
- Monthly meetings with the participating SDBPs have covered a wide range of topics and provided the states some very useful peer-to-peer TA opportunities.
- We anticipate that 20 intervener candidates will enter the NICE process within the next few months. How exciting!
- In response to requests from the SDBPs, NCDB is developing coaching materials. These materials will be released to the SDBPs who are participating in the Pilot. They will pilot them and provide feedback so that we can present the coaching package to the DB network.
- The materials and ideas that have resulted from this pilot will be available so that states can consider replicating this project to create a collaborative intervener training opportunity.
Supporting Teachers of Students who are Deaf-Blind
- In December, we held our first Teacher of the Deaf-Blind Community of Practice (TDB CoP) planning meeting with interested state project partners. In response to the meeting, a survey was sent out to the meeting participants to gauge interest and further explore the idea.
- The meeting and survey not only gauged interest but also generated ideas for activities that would be of benefit for TDBs that SDBPs and personnel preparation programs might be interested in joining.
- Survey respondents indicated a need for both a national TDB CoP and a group for peer to peer for those running CoP’s in their states. We look forward to supporting these groups! More information to come!
- Wednesday, June 13 at 12pm PT / 1pm MT / 2pm CT/ 3pm ET about "Identifying and Serving Students who are DeafBlind with Formal Language: An Evolving Challenge for Our Field." Please join us as Robbie Blaha and Matt Schultz, Education Consultants at the Texas Deafblind Project and Cathy Lyle, Educational Consultant at the Minnesota Deafblind Technical Assistance Project present.
- Wednesday, July 18 at 12pm PT / 1pm MT / 2pm CT/ 3pm ET about "Individualized Instruction in the Expanded Core Curriculum: An Introduction to Student Portfolios and Project-Based Learning." Please join us as Rachel Schles, Teacher of the Visually Impaired, NLCSD (National Leadership Consortium in Sensory Disabilities) Scholar, University of Pittsburgh presents.
- The Informal Functional Hearing Evaluation (IFHE), developed by TSBVI Outreach Services has been released and is available as a writable PDF document.
NCDB I/QP Staff Presentations
- IQP Initiative Lead, Kristi Probst, will be conducting two presentations at the Association for the Education and Rehabilitation for the Blind and Visually Impaired's International Conference (July, 2018) entitled, "Training interveners, a pilot project you can use" and "Assessment of children who are deafblind."