As a national technical assistance center funded by the federal Department
of Education, NCDB works to improve the quality of life for children who are
deaf-blind and their families by:
- 1 Creating visibility and direction for identified priorities through a
range of practices, activities, supports and partnerships.
- 2 Identifying and encouraging new innovations in local, state, and national
practice and policy.
- 3 Promoting opportunity for reflection, debate, and constructive dialogue
around ideas and developing practice.
- 4 Maintaining a rich repository of content, history, and knowledge,
easily available and shared by all who are part of the community of
Our Initiatives Make a Difference
Network Vision Statement
NCDB, in partnership with state projects, has worked to refine a vision statement for our national collaborative work. The following statements message our values as a network and offer a public expression to our collective objective.
Children and youth who are deaf-blind receive supports and services that allow them to experience full integration and participation in society including education, employment, community, and social relationships.
Our Mission is to provide families, professionals, and the community with:
- Opportunities for shared leadership and collaboration
- A national network of supports and services across the age range
- Personnel who are qualified and knowledgeable
- Systems with improved capacity
NCDB : The Research Institute : Western Oregon University : 345 N. Monmouth Ave. : Monmouth, OR 97361
Contact Us: 800-438-9376 | email@example.com